Thursday, September 10, 2009

What we did on our labor day vacation...

Headed to Clearwater Beach early.




It was very sunny even at 9 a.m. Look at that water, good clue as to why they call it Clearwater!




It was so relaxing! Little companion had great fun.



We were well taken care of..


By our friendly neighborhood Coast Guard guys. Hi guys!



Look big Kahuna, somehow the Coast Guard still functions with you retired!



Time to clean up. Lunch calls.



(Daughter and little companion in front of Joe's Crab Shack)

Had never been here before. Joe's Crab Shack. Very colorful. Little companion was a bit concerned over the fake shark they had hanging from the ceiling with a leg sticking out of it, ha, ya, just try explaining that to a sensitive 6 year old girl! This is also the establishment that has the T-shirts that brag I got crabs from my waitress... hum. Well we went with a good attitude and had fun.

I do not believe little companion will choose to go back for quite some time though!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hi, Valerie,
Looks like you all had fun! I wish I lived a little closer to the ocean sometimes. I could sit and just watch the waves for hours. I have never eaten at Joe's Crab Shack. I did not know about the shark with the leg sticking out of its mouth. I am with your little companion, kind of scary! Sending happy thoughts your way. Vicki