Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some pretty finds

Look what I found at Goodwill all bundled up nice and tidy as you please.
Could not see a chip or any damage so I figured I could not go wrong for $15.06. Got it home and opened it up and here's what there was. The tall bowl and the 2-tiered whatchamacallit. Now granted they are newish and not made in England, but hey they are pretty!



And, oh I like my Old Country Roses.

Also found this


Love how the light just bounces all around this vase.


*

But tonight, tonight, we're feeling a tad bit blue, for no particular reason really. Probably a little to do with the rain, a little to do with the lingering bronchitis, a little to do with working part of every day this last week. So we're having a very casual little tea party to perk us up.

Some comfortable Homer Laughlin Ferndale, our little blue teapot, some plain old English Breakfast tea and we're set to go. So glad tomorrow is the Lord's day! Peace to you.

3 comments:

Miss Janice said...

Old Country Roses...love it. I have a few pieces, but have it on "my list" to get more. It's always beautiful to use at Afternoon Tea.

Vicki said...

Hi, Valerie,
Good idea to pamper yourself with a nice little tea. I hope you are feeling better very soon. The pieces you bought at Goodwill look like "Old Country Roses". Are they not? Anyway, they are lovely and so is the crystal vase. Have a beautiful week. Vicki

Nanette said...

Hi Vicki,
Yes the pieces are Old Country Roses. They were in perfect condition. I feel fortunate to have them!
Valerie