Friday, September 10, 2010

Thrifty finds

Granddaughter's dental visit in the big city (Minot, ND) got bumped up to yesterday so after, since we were in the city anyway, we went thrifting!




I found this cute buffalo china. Can you see the cute little buffalo on the bottom of the cups?


The saucers and bread plates are stamped.


Also found this Hallmark candle and this fine faux fall foliage. Around here as soon as the weather gets a little cool you must hurry to celebrate fall because as soon as you blink winter will be upon us!


I think they are fun.


Kinda looks like the cups are winking. I was actually using the cup on the left during the photo shoot!

I think I did pretty well. The Hallmark candle was 99 cents and so was the fine faux fall foliage. The dishes were 10 cents each so everything added up to $2.60. A fine price to pay for fun I think but ... here's the rub... we now find we will be going into the big city again this evening and there was more of this buffalo china to be had. I am thinking I should have gotten a couple of plates or platters to go with it too and maybe a couple more sets of cups. Oh my! How will this story end?

Only time will tell!

I am linking up with Leigh over at Bloggeritaville, http://lbratina.blogspot.com/,  for Thrifty Thursday. Thanks for hosting this event Leigh!


4 comments:

Susan said...

Hey those were nice "finds" you found. Thanks as always for peeking at my blog and leaving a comment, I really appreciate that so much. Susan

Anonymous said...

HI Valerie! OH, I like your finds. Those are some cute little cups you found!
The green trim kinda looks like eyelashes!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vicki said...

Hi, Valerie, my friend,
Yes, you definitely need to complete your sets some more I think. Let us know what you decided. Your autumn table is very pretty. Love that pumpkin candle and pretty fall flowers, too. You made some terrific purchases. It is 95 in Texas today so I am having a little trouble getting into the autumn spirit. I love autumn so maybe by the first of October I will be into it a little more. Have a happy week! Vicki

Candace said...

What great bargains. I also love the little blue train on the previous post. You are a very good goodie finder.