Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pink doily

Okay so here's my finished doily to go with the coasters I made a couple of weeks ago.

This pattern is from the Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies book by Leisure Arts and the pattern is Penny Lane. I used Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread and a #5 metal hook although the pattern did suggest a #7.



I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

(I have positioned it on a chair here to be able to see the detail.)





Here it is included in my fancy-smansy Easter centerpiece. The little chicks are from Jo-Ann's. (They do have a Jo-Ann's and a Michaels here in Fairbanks.) The basket Little Companion made at school. Beautiful and functional!




And here is Little Companion enjoying a nutritional after-school snack of Zingers, Goldfish, and milk.

That's nutrition according to grandma!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Your doily turned out very lovely.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

Love & Hugs
Duchess