Friday, November 20, 2009

I've had something on my blogging mind for awhile now that I'd like to share.

So, pull up a chair, sip on some tea, and I'll spin you my tale and then together we can ponder the deeper things herein presented.

Now everyday, I pass a certain way, at least four times a day (say that 3 times fast!). There is an interesting spot that has an interesting sign. This sign on first glance you think okay, no fishing, swimming, or feeding wildlife, I'm okay with that. But everyday I pass this same way, at least 4 times a day, and glance over at this sign.

Let's take a closer look... here's the sign



driving, glancing.... let's jump out and go closer yet.





Every morning and every afternoon I come up with new questions like...

What kind of fish do you suppose live in this "water?"
You think it is catch and release or would you take um home and eat em fishies you caught here?
You think a line would actually go into this "water" or would the fish come to you?

Swimming? Swimming? Might have to question the sanity of someone who decided to cool off by taking a nice refreshing dip in this "water."

Then we have the whole feeding wildlife thing. Now we know there are gators here, but we do wonder what other kind of wildlife this habitat might be home to. The possibilities are endless.




So, I have to hope this sign went up before the "water" turned because I'm a thinking that people who really need these instructions would probably not be able to read them!

Hope your weekend has started off great!

3 comments:

the voice of melody said...

That's when you wonder if a sign is really necessary but then I suppose it's good for a good chuckle! :)

Anonymous said...

This is cute! Thank you for coming to see me and I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Miss Janice said...

I pass signs like this one all the time and think the same thing...who the heck would swim or want to eat fish out of that mess?