Monday, November 30, 2009

Do you have one of these?

Do you have one of these?



I looked and looked for just the right one.

Isn't it beautiful?
L


This is a mountain dulcimer stand. You can use this instead of trying to keep your dulcimer on your lap. This can be very helpful if your legs are not parallel to the floor (ha, upper legs) when you sit down 'cause then your instrument has a tendency to slide in the direction of the floor.




There are pegs to hold your dulcimer in place. I went ahead and got the deluxe model with the music stand.




This all folds flat and has a carrying strap attached in case you have to carry it very far to your jam session (have never jammed, but sounds like FUN!).



And with dulcimer playing... it's all about the FUN!!!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

It is so beautiful. And what a great idea!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Vicki said...

Oh, Valerie,
I would love to hear you play that dulcimer!! The stand is so pretty and that it has a place for the music is even better!! I had never seen one before. I hope you get to "jam" soon with that beautiful instrument! Vicki

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I remember the dulcimer. There was a lady at my church growing up that played one. How fun!