Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1, 2, 3, go...finished

Felt the urge to crochet.
In Alaska... it's cold... it's time to crochet!

So, Sunday after church we went to Wal-Mart and I picked up some hooks, yarn, needles, and the little pattern book. I had decided to try to crochet a hat as I had never attempted this before.

With this pattern you end up making a tube, basically gathering the top, and then sewing it (which I did with yarn by hand as I did not happen to bring my sewing machine with me to Alaska).

Ta da, finished hat.

Had some yarn left so completed the look with this scarf.

Doesn't Little Companion look like she belongs in a crochet book! She's very happy with her new hat and scarf.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

What a little cutie! Such a sweet smile you can tell she loves her new hat and scarf. I've never done either a hat or a scarf. I have some many that were given to me as gifts over the years I don't need any more. Love the color too.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

You did a fabulous job! So pretty.

Jocelyn said...

Very sweet. Love the color.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

So pretty and pink, you did a wonderful job. I just learned how to make a wash cloth, if you lived next door I could take a lesson or two.

Miss Janice said...

How cute is she! Bless her heart...she looks precious in her new scarf and hat. Lord have mercy, she's gonna need them. I'm still trying to get over the photo in your previous post with the outlets to plug in your car warmer thingy! I never realized...