Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Daily life...

So amidst the turmoil of packing and planning, daily life must go on.
As we know, soon it will be Valentine's Day and in the life of a 6-year-old that means a Valentines Day party with all the trimmings. The project was to work together to make a holder for your cards. Name had to be clearly visible and it had to be able to stand independently. Most of our gear is packed but we were able to come up with this.
Front side...

We cut the tissue paper into little squares, rolled it onto pencils, and then glued it in place. Not a hard project but somewhat time consuming.

Back...

other side...

Inside was a little plain with the cardboard, so a little wrapping paper glued inside...





She went over her name in pink marker and is extremely happy with the end result.



We enjoyed working on this project together!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Tell Little Companion she has a very pretty box.

andsewon said...

Oh that is an awesome box!!! So creative!!!
I used to love doing up our Valentine's mail boxes...as a child we would use shoe or cracker boxes. With my kids we did that plus paper sacks a time or two...;-)
By the way I am not giving up my blog or blog hopping... just less time spent doing the later...;-)
I am going with you to ALASKA via your blog Missy....hahaha!!

Hugs,
Lola

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

How cute...I WISH I had saved some of my Valentine's day cards from school...they would be vintage now!

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, wishing you a lovely weekend and a love filled Valentine’s Day.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Sharon said...

What a darling young lady and a darling valentine box, you did a good job and I am sure you received many pretty cards. Thanks for the visit to my little cottage