Saturday, June 20, 2009

Out and about

Out and about day again today. We made kind of a big loop from Tampa area to the Atlantic Ocean and back today. So, took 60 east, passing through Yeehaw Junction on our way. While on this road my little companion asked where we were headed, we said to Burger King for a Mocha Joe. You know it took us 104 miles to find a Burger King on this road! Oh ya, we got our Mocha Joe!

At Vero Beach we turned north. This was a nice little park.

How cool is this sailboat!

(Big Kahuna, if you read this, keep this in mind for next anniversary, K, ya? Thanks!)

*

Nice breeze, about 90 degrees, not bad by the water, love the water!



Headed up US 1, turned west at Melbourne, 192 through Kissimmee. Little companion and I decided that was where we want to live. She asked where we were, I replied the greatest place on earth! I think she decided she would be a singer at Medieval Times. I'm not sure but I think her nurse practitioner mother rolled her eyes at this. We didn't go to Disney today but we were still really happy just being that close! So many fun things to do and see.

*

But today, alas we had to finally return home to our modest abode (pictured below) and our faithful pocket poochie.

Alright, alright, just kidding, but how cool would that be!

3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You had me there for a moment...I thought, boy, I need to go visit this girlfriend!! Like now. We are 105 today and on the rise. I would love to see some water. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh what gorgeous pictures! I can't let my husband see that sailboat --he'd be on the next plane to florida. Or, maybe not, as it would mean he'd have to visit relatives. . . .
thanks for visiting! Glad you had a terrific vacation --it looks fantastic!
Cass

2 Dogs said...

My arm is feeling better today. Everyone at work couldn't believe it. John took a photo this morning but I haven't looked at it.

Your pics are so pretty. The sky is so blue.

Have a great week!

Hugs
Patti Cakes