Friday, June 26, 2009

My room

Well Wednesday I got curtains up in my room. First had to make a trip to Lowes because even though through the years I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of tools, I found I had been left with a very small flat head screwdriver and a hammer. I blame the Big Kahuna and the merry band of boys for this (you know who you are). At one point even had a toolbox but alas, all gone. Well, that means I get to start fresh right? Okay, here is a corner of the room before...


and here are the tools I bought...








I opted for this Black and Decker 3/8 inch electric drill with a keyless chuck. I could have gone with a cordless, lighter one, but you just never know when you might have the urge to drill or screw something up (ha), and your battery might not be charged... and when I want a project done I want it done NOW, ya I'm like that, so this was a good option for me. Plus it came with this really cool soft sided bag! Got a set of drill bit thingies, a yardstick (also comes in handy to close vents on your ceiling) and cup hooks for the tie backs.



Add that to the tools I had, a pencil and a hammer, and these are basically what I used.
*
A little note here, Big Kahuna thinks it takes 3 trips to the hardware store to complete a task like this, took me one, never will understand that mentality. Oh, and while I do not name my houses, I do name my hammers. This is the Truper, had Old Hickory before him.


*


Okay, here we go...

another look...

Starting to come together. Will show the rest some other time.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Miss Janice said...

Looks great...would you come down and hang mine?