Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I am feeling a little better this week as I have managed to finish up some of my projects.

Finished up the crochet ornaments and got them hung.
Finished up the dress I was working on for Little Companion.
See the little bow in the front? There is a matching bow to go in her hair too.
Hopefully we will have some time to get a picture soon. She is very busy with school, Brownies, and all the holiday happenings!

Finished up the lap blanket.

Almost finished my hot cocoa gifts, just need to put some stickers on the jars. 
The first recipe I used tasted like it was just missing something so I started over. I found a recipe that used pudding as an ingredient and it was wonderful! 
I think if I do these again I will use smaller jars. This amount may last some folks years!
I also made this hat this week. 
Little Companion asked if it was for her and I told her no. 
She asked if she could try it on and I said yes. 
She said, oh, it keeps my ears nice and warm. 
Ya ... she walked away with it after all!
This doily I finished last month but wanted to wait to share it until after Thanksgiving.
Helps to add to the holiday spirit!

Happy WIP Wednesday!

I am joining Marie Anne for Work in Progress Wednesday.
 
Please go over and visit her at http://macrochet.blogspot.com/ and see what everyone else has been up to.
 

8 comments:

Cheryll said...

So many fun goodies! I'd like to have the pattern for that sweet little hat...where did you find it?

Marie Anne said...

Your tree looks gorgeous with all of your ornaments - great job!

Love the hat, the doily, and the dress. Is that cardinals on it? Very cute!

Little companion looks all snugly warm with that hat. Glad she won you over, LOL.

Nanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Love the ornaments and the afghan!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Valerie! You've been busy and got so much done! I'm just so amazed at your beautiful crochet work. Your ornaments are so pretty! I made little stars and snowflakes one year but never did make a little angel. Yours are so pretty. The doily is perfect with your variegated thread. I love it. And that sweet little cap - so cute on that little darling head!
Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me.
shelia ;)

LuAnn said...

I would love to have that doily. Just beautiful as is all of your crochet projects.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so lovely! I especially love hand made things. I have to say your little Christmas tree is over the top! It's so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing all of these nice pictures with us.

BECKY said...

Hi Valerie! What a busy gal you have been!! Love all of your pretties...especially that Christmas doily! So charming!

About the giveaway...from now through May you can shop my Etsy and buy anything you like up to $25 {shipping is free} or spend more than $25 and the gift certificate will be applied to your purchase! Just let me know when you see something you like and I will make a listing for you so it's handled with Etsy properly.

I will be adding spring and summer items soon, and will be slowing a little down on my vintage items, and have more handmade! So glad you won! Any questions? Just email me at junktojoyshop@yahoo.com
OK??
Love ya gal!
Glad to hear you're feeling better!
HUGS,
Becky