Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Tea 2010

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. 
We have been enjoying the Christmas break with the little things that keep you busy this time of year.
I have also had a cold and so have been resting between adventures. But, before we ring in the new year I figured I should get some pictures up of the tea this year.


Snowflakes. 
I thought it was appropriate for a North Dakota Christmas day tea.

I made the snowflakes. They are pretty easy once you get the hang of it.


We used the Old Country Roses china and flatware. I even got to use the medium platter my sweet daughter got for me this year for the gingerbread scones.


We had:
Egg and Chive Tea Sandwiches
Banana Bread
Chocolate Tea Bread
Gingerbread Scones with mock Devonshire Cream
Sugar Cookies

Our Tea was 
Holiday Dreams from The Tea Table. 
This is a blend of China black teas with citrus peels, rose petals, cloves, almond bits, and genuine Bourbon vanilla pieces.


My oldest daughter and her daughter, aka, Little Companion.


Steve who is in college and therefore thought he was exempt from the dress up a bit request. Should we give him a break?


The angels...


The angels from a different angle...


Awwww. 
Hope you had plenty of hugs and kisses this year along with joyful memories.

I'll leave you with a poem:

On Christmas day at half past three
Brew yourself a cup of tea.
Ill think of you, you think of me
Sitting beside the Christmas tree.

Looking forward to 2011!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe! That is so sweet! What a fun idea. And your tea table is so inviting! What a yummy menu. It looks like you guys had fun! :)

Merry Christmas!
~Liz

andsewon said...

What a pretty Christmas Tea you served!
Cute kids, yes all of them!
Now that tea blend sounds lovely!
Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Lola

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a delightfully lovely Christmas tea!

Candace said...

Such a good idea and delicious menu. Hope you are feeling better and were able to enjoy your holidays.