Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tea Tuesday

What can I say, I just can't give it up, life without Tea Tuesday would just not be the same!

Here's my holiday tea set up. My tables tend to be more simple than some but then this was a simple holiday tea.




We have our nutcracker centerpiece surrounded by bells of white and red and a simple white and red wreath bordering. We have our Royal Albert Old Country Roses large teapot and medium teapot standing ready for the Earl Gray Winter White tea and our pot of hot water. I only have the one teapot warmer so used my Swedish Coffee Hotten for the other warmer.




Moving around the table...




We used our Old Country Roses china as well as flatware. We used little silver plated teaspoons with beautiful little flowers. We had sugar cookies and Belgian chocolates ...



we had almond chicken salad sandwiches...



and we had honey roasted peanuts.



We had fun with family, look it's Steve!!!




Son Chad, his wife Kristy, and baby Hunter...




Daughter Heidi and Little Companion...




Tea concluded with everyone taking their little gift bag with teapot dough ornaments and little nutcracker.




Happy Tea Tuesday!!!

10 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh how fun that must have been! Your table looks just lovely. I can almost taste the treats!

Together We Save said...

Your table is beautiful.... looks wonderful.

my cup of tea said...

So pretty! Love your china! Looks like every one had a wonderful time!
~Blessings~
Donna

Jocelyn said...

Oh Valerie, everything looks so beautiful! I miss Tea Tuesday too! Thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Jocelyn said...

Okay I had to join you today, although I did not have a Christmas tea, but shared our Christmas table :-)

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

My Grama's Soul said...

First time I have visited. But, I too, love a good cup of tea. Perhaps I'll be able to join you next Tuesday for tea. I would like that!!

Blessings,

Jo

Kim said...

How wonderful that you've continued with Tea Tuesday Valerie. Your holiday tea table looks just beautiful as does your family. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a fun, safe and Happy New Year!!!

Vicki said...

Hello, Valerie,
I loved your post! You said your table was simple. It was simply beautiful!! I know you all must have had such a fun time. I was so glad to get to meet your beautiful family, too! Wishing you the happiest of New Years!! Vicki

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Tea Table! I love the nutcracker!!

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a Happy New Year!

~Liz

Miss Janice said...

It sounds like y'all had a wonderful tea! I love that Old Country Roses pattern...perfect for afternoon tea! Happy New Year to you:)