Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tea Things Tuesday

Tea Things Tuesday
Hosted by Kim at
http://shabbypinkandpretty.blogspot.com
*
Thank you Kim for hosting this weekly event. We have had fun getting to see all the different tea sets and things over the weeks. It has also been a real treat to get to meet the different ladies. Again, thank you so much!
*
Today in our last formal Tea Things Tuesday I am sharing my Royal Albert Old Country Roses.
I love this pattern for the versatility, it is classy yet comfortable. I have new pieces and old pieces and enjoy them all. Here we have our large teapot.




Our tea for one. Sometimes I pull the tiny teapot off and use it with a regular teacup.




We also have a coffee pot to go with the set.




Back in the right-hand corner I have a medium teapot. I would like to eventually acquire a small teapot in the pattern, but this will hold me for now!

This will be the set I use for my holiday tea this year. Classy yet comfortable.




Happy Tea Things Tuesday!!!!

8 comments:

andsewon said...

Lovely just lovely.
I can see how special they are to you.
My DH has always loved this pattern yet we have none of it here.
May have to rectify that ...;-)
I bet your Christmas Tea is a wonderful event !!
Hugs,
Lola

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie! I love this pattern and have always wanted it! Your tea pot and coffee server are so lovely!
Would love to see you Christmas Tea. Please take pictures.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kim said...

Oh how lovely Valerie. I just adore the Old Country Roses pattern and I dream of having a teapot in this pattern one day. You are so very lucky to such a large collection of pieces in this pattern. Just an FYI, not too long ago, I spotted a tea kettle with this pattern in the JCPenney catalog. I wanted to buy it so badly, but it was quite pricey as you can imagine. Mabye someday I will get one for myself. As often as I'm boiling water for tea, I'd definately get my money's worth out of it. Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful tea things with us over these past months. It's been a pure delight for me. Take care and have a very Merry Christmas!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh my your tea set is so beautiful. I've always loved that pattern. I love how you have it displayed in your hutch.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

Hi Valerie,

I love Old Country Roses! I have 12 place settings of OCR, the large teapot and the small teapot...but no coffee pot, since I don't drink coffee, and barely know anyone that does, except hubby, and I don't think he would want it from something that fancy! Like you, I use mine for Christmas...I think they are beautiful with their reds, greens and golds for Christmas dining.

I had to get the 3 tiered tray from ebay, and pay more than I wanted to, but they are getting difficult to come by, so I'm glad I got it when I did..I use it often.

I would like to get the two-tiered...hope we both get the other one...it would be nice to have one of each size.

Have a wonderful week...God bless!

Mary

Miss Janice said...

This is a timeless and classic pattern which I love and adore your collection.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

This pattern is so lovely, Valerie! Thanks for sharing your pretty tea things.

Candace said...

Your OCR is so beautiful, I love it too.