Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Teacup Tuesday!!

Teacup Tuesday




Looks like this will be our last official Teacup Tuesday. It has been a fun journey together! Thanks so much Kim.
*
My offerings today are my newer cups, I have two of each.
*
First...
*
This is Royal Doulton Expressions English China Carmel. It is dishwasher, freezer, oven, and microwave safe. The trademark is 1991. This is a nice big cup and I do use it for coffee too.

Next,


This too is Royal Doulton, made in England, fine bone china Elegy, trademark on this one reads 1976. That was the year my big sister graduated high school, she of course being much, much older than me. I graduated much, much later (in 1977).
*
My oldest daughter at one point said that of all my teacups this pattern was her favorite. She is such a sweet daughter and a lovely person.
*
So, now we move on from teacups to teapots. Do I have teapots? DO I HAVE TEAPOTS???? Oh ya, I've got teapots!!!!
*
Tomorrow (Tuesday) is little companion's first day of first grade. She will be treading the halls of public school this year for the first time. We are all pretty excited. These public schools here in Florida offer so much for the kids if they are willing and able to take advantage of it. She will be taking the bus, all so exciting and new!!!!

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Very lovely teacups. Hey Valerie, where do you go thriftin? My dd and I have been finding some wonderful bargains.

andsewon said...

Lovely cups and I adore your lil pot. I am drawn to the small ones for some reason! ;-)
I also like your thrift finds ... the table is a find for sure!

Good luck to Lil Companion on her first day of school!!

Mary said...

Hi Valerie...I love anything Royal Doulton or Royal Albert...they are always exquisite, and yours are proof of that! Can't wait to see your teapots! Sounds like you have a sweet daughter...hope she shares your love of teacups! God bless!

Mary

Kim said...

Hi Valerie,

You are being quite the comedien today and I like that!! Made me chuckle reading your post, especially the part about your sister being much, much older as I tease my older sister in the same way.

As for your teacups, they are very pretty and again in a pattern I've never seen before. Such a unique collection you have. I can't wait to see your teapots.

Hope you have a fabulous week!!

Nanette said...

Jocelyn,
I go to the Goodwill and Salvation Army on 60, and then there is a thrift store I go to up north a bit on Fowler. I got a coffee table at Goodwill for $4.00 this past weekend! It's good and sturdy too. We are fairly new to the area so don't know much more than these... yet!
Valerie

Vicki said...

Hello, Valerie,
What sweet tea cups! I have a real weakness for tea cups. I look forward to seeing your tea pots next. Congratulations on your little one starting first grade! Have a blessed week. Vicki

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi VAlerie, you are going to love being in Florida this winter.Unless you miss the snow !