Saturday, May 2, 2009

Love 'em weekends!!

I found this little table back some time ago. Nice size, good stability, very good price, useful. At the same time I would have to say I found it rather shockingly blue. It just screams out at you I AM SO SHOCKINGLY BLUE, and I am a person who tends to like blue!!!

So, being the weekend and knowing I had just oodles of time (ha), decided to help this poor little thing out. So, busted the craft paints out of storage. Started with a brush but being the type of person who once they start a project wants it done NOW, opted for a sponge instead. Got a couple of coats of pain on it and it was starting to come together.


Now to be honest with you I actually had a theme in mind for this little table.



I wanted to show the the Everglades, the water, and the Coral Reef. At this point last night I quit working on it, watched a movie, etc. Today I got up not so bright and early, got my hair done, and went to Hobby lobby for varnish. I walked out of Hobby Lobby with just varnish..... ha, right. Anyway, I digress. Came home and put 3 coats of quick drying varnish on her.

After a couple of hours she got to come inside (low odor varnish).

Let's play dress up.

I know, I know you're saying but you're using your Swedish Coffee Hotten for a teapot warmer. Yes, but they work the same way, believe me!

And the fact that the teapot, cups, sugar, and creamer were 50% off at Hobby Lobby justify buying them, don't ya think?

Add a pink flamingo and, well, ... it just works!

So here we go, less than 24 hours later we have our Florida table. And we needed a Florida table why? Because we are going to Florida next! My daughter has accepted a position in Tampa as a family nurse practitioner. We are pretty excited. We will be moving the end of May. We lived in the Miami area years ago but we have never lived in the Tampa area.

So, that's my table and that's my news for Saturday! Let's have some spearmint tea, it's really good hot or cold!

5 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Hello Valerie,
Thanks for visiting me - I noticed you are a medical transcriptionist too! I have been for many years (I just turned 50), but now am looking for something else - the local hospital is very near outsourcing - I knew it would come eventually. I love how your little table turned out!

2 Dogs said...

Excellent job you did there. And at 50% off how could you not bring them home. Right!!

Congrats on your daughters new job. It won't be very long at all before you are moving.

Hugs

the voice of melody said...

You did a great job with that table! You have a lot of talent Valerie.

Oh and that's fantastic news about the move to Florida. You'll sure enjoy a much warmer winter than the one you just had! You just might miss the snow though, who knows? :)

2 Dogs said...

Hi Valerie! Just stopping by to say hi again.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hey I love the little table ! And I almost bought that same tea set the other day at Hobby Lobby. It is so pretty !
Wow Valerie, you are moving from one weather extreme to the other !