Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last post

Okay, after some chocolate and thought, I just wanted to mention that I do know the difference between whooping and whopping, and is it just me or did I use the word luckily twice within the space of about 20 words?

whooping
intransitive verb1: to utter a whoop in expression of eagerness, enthusiasm, or enjoyment : shout2: to utter the cry of an owl : hoot3: to make the characteristic whoop of whooping cough4 a: to go or pass with a loud noise b: to be rushed through by acclamation or with noisy support transitive verb1 a: to utter or express with a whoop.

whop·ping
Pronunciation: \ˈhwä-piŋ, ˈwä-\
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1625
: extremely large ; also : extraordinary , incredible

So, although Flynnie (my dog) does occasionally whoop, like when I come in the door, I really was being a tad bit sarcastic and meant to use the word whopping (like he is really big).

I do give you permission to give it a hardy guffaw ( a loud or boisterous burst of laughter) as I did when re-reading it.

No comments: