Friday, January 2, 2009

How I spent my New Year's Day Vacation...




Well, worked until midnight New Year's Eve.



Decided not to take up drinking and carousing THIS year, so spent it very quietly.



According to Miss Janice we were to open the door and let the old year out and the new year in. Did do that. That was a little strange, it was so very quiet.







I did have Thursday night off, so I fixed a pot of tea in my Crate and Barrel teapot. I had just received some tea I had never tried before, peach and ginger. It is a rich black tea with big chunks of dried ginger and dried peaches (I get my tea from The Tea Table). I tucked the teapot in that cozy I made and headed up to my room. It smelled so good. Oh my.... it was wonderful, it tasted so good!!! I kicked back, put my feet up, read a little Emily Dickenson (interesting character), and finished by watching the Wedding Planner while sipping the wonderful brew out of my Bernardaud Limoges teacup. How fun was that???? It was very nice. Good start to 2009!

4 comments:

the voice of melody said...

That tea sounds so nice, especially in a beautiful teacup! Although, I've had great teas in foam cups too. :)

Glad your new year is off to a great start, and I hope you and your family will be blessed abundantly this coming year. {hugs}

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were as snug as a bug in a rug. Thanks for dropping by to visit.

Hugs,
Chris

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Sounds like you had a very pleasant evening Valerie.
Thank you for the sweet comment.

The Berry's Patch said...

Yes, that sounds so relaxing. The Wedding Planner is one of my favorite movies. I also loved Monster-in-law. Happy New Year!