Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Trying to simplify

So, there I was at The Salvation Army Thrift Store...

Being good, minding my own business...

Up to the register I went with a couple of tablecloths, a couple of sets of napkins...

Adding it up in my head, could I get away with a 10 spot or would I have to pull out one of the big bills, $3.50 + $3.50, a couple more bucks,

My turn came up, I am at the register and the clerk tells me, "you know today is fill a bag day, you fill a bag it is $5.00." I say, hum, okay, I can either pay like $12.00 for the stuff I have or go back and fill this brown paper bag up and pay $5.00. WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE???? Sure 'nough, I went back.

Do you know how much stuff actually fits into a brown paper grocery bag? A lot. Approximately 8, could have been 9 tablecloths later, and about 30 to 40 cloth napkins I left the store. That was 1 paper bag, 3 loads of laundry. I am trying so hard NOT to collect stuff. I went over to my daughter's house and we tried the tablecloths on her table. The ones that fit my daughter's table she kept and I went home with the rest. Oh well. Good thing I have that big garage.

Hee, hee, my table is gonna looks so pretty, my table is gonna look so pretty!!!! (I'll take pictures)

3 comments:

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Wow what a find. I love table cloths too.

heidikay_2002 said...

Yay! You did a new blog! I love the tablecloths by the way. (I just need to clear everything off the table so I can use them).
Love you!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't think I've ever been here before. You have a pretty blog.