Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Tea Cozie

I learned how to make a granny square from a friend in high school and after that I made various little afgans. Everytime I would present my treasure to my mom and she would say, oh that's nice, you should take lessons. Then she would launch into about how wonderful my great-aunt Helen did and won blue ribbons at the fair. In all fairness there would always be some fairly shining error in my work. I like to work fast and wasn't into following the instructions too carefully. Well, I heard that statement one too many times, so I buckled down and set out to show I could do it. I have to say I will never crochet as well as my great-aunt Helen, I don't want to spend the time and effort, but I did win my first county blue ribbon in 1995 and a Virginia State Fair blue ribbon in 1996. Then we moved to Texas and on to other things. I decided yesterday to attempt a tea cozie, a nice quick project, and useful. So that's my story and here are some pictures.

Two fisherman afgans and the shawl in the middle.






4 comments:

the voice of melody said...

Just beautiful! And you said you attempted the tea cozie and finished it the same day? I'm one of those who works slow so I'd probably take a week to finish it! Great job!

MJ

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh Valerie that is just beautiful !
I wish I could crochet like that .But I don't have the patience.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your crochet work is beautiful. I have never seen a tea cozy crochet like that. So cute!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Thank you for your comment Valerie.Come back soon .